Billy and Sharon Scruggs, both natives of Williamsburg, are the owners and operators of the Fife and Drum Inn. They fulfilled their dream of having their own bed and breakfast in the town that they love in 1999. Here are a few questions to get to know Billy, a local expert on all things Williamsburg!
1. What is your favorite thing to do in Williamsburg? Walking up and down the Duke of Gloucester Street.
2. What is the one thing you recommend every family should do while visiting Williamsburg? See everything you possibly can in the Historic Area.
3. For all the foodies out there, what’s your favorite thing to eat in town? Chocolate-dipped ice cream custard cone at Retro’s Good Eats.
4. How long have you lived in the area? All of my life.
5. If you could host one famous guest (historical, deceased, or living) at the inn, who would it be? Patrick Henry
6. What’s the best part about owning an inn? The opportunity to be able to share all there is to experience in this wonderful town!
We hope you’ll come to experience the Historic Triangle and stay with us! We’re happy to help you plan your trip with great things to do and wonderful places to eat. Visit and make memories! We promise you’ll keep coming back again and again. Learn more at www.fifeanddruminn.com